Tuesday 5 May 2009

Helen Davies

I'm still p***ed off that Malcolm is not with us anymore. Last Friday I kept thinking I saw him out of the corner of my eye but when I looked properly it was always someone else. I guess it indicates just how normal it is to have Malcolm with us at UNISON gatherings. I can't say I was a close friend but Malcolm was just fundamentally important. It was so easy to talk to him and easier still to respect and like him. He was a lovely guy. He was a great example of how trade unionists can work positively together. It is particularly his positivity I'll miss. I am missing him.

Helen.

1 comment:

  1. It was weird, after I cam home last Friday I asaw a man with a beard in a chelsea jacket who at a glance looked very like Malcolm, made me do a double take I can tell you. Mind you I think I heard Malcolm screaming (thoughtfully and wittily of course) at the Ref i nthe Chelsea game last night!

    ReplyDelete